Welcome to the website of the Topoľčany Cluster project

Hunting manor House in Prašice

Lovecky_kastiel_prasice.jpg

Lovecky_kastiel_prasice_02.jpg

In the heart of the Považský Inovec forest stands an architecturally compelling single-story building with a mansard roof, built in the style of old German hunting chateaus. This hunting manor house was clad with quarried stone and an imposing exterior staircase and was built from 1930 - 1931 by Dr. Stefan Haupt von Buchenrode for his daughter Hedalise, the wife of the Tovarnícky County, Baron August Haupt-Stummer. Despite being burned in 1945 by the German army, the structure was reconstructed in 1950 and is currently home to the Institute for Public Administration of the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic. While the manor house's interior is not open to the public, a viewing of its exterior and the surroundings make for a wonderful summer afternoon.

Lovecky_kastiel_prasice_03.jpg