Welcome to the website of the Topoľčany Cluster project

Favorite Destination of Pilgrims

Putnicke_miesto_Nemecky.jpg

Putnicke_miesto_Nemecky03.jpg

Christianity was and remains a fundamental part of the life of the Slovak nation. It has also played an integral role in Nemečky for as long as history itself, as evidenced by the cultural landmarks in the village. All of them are closely tied to religion as well. Landmarks include the village bell tower, with its bell from 1864, a wooden cross, also located in the village for as long as anyone can remember, a stone sculpture of the Madonna with child from 1714 and the Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows. A shrine is located close by a forest fork road and served as a rest stop for the pilgrims travelling to pilgrimage sites in Považie in the 17th and 18th centuries. Despite the fact that the pilgrims are long since gone, the ethereal atmosphere and calm of the site still welcome guests whenever they arrive.

Putnicke_miesto_Nemecky02.jpg